October 19

For the Week of October 18-22 (Family Teacher Conferences and Early Dismissal on Tuesday and Wednesday)

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Math 8-7 and 8-1: Unit Test on adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers.  There were a variety of different type of questions to assess more than just procedural knowledge.  It included word problems, explanations, vocabulary, and understanding of terms.  There were 5 people missing from both classes, therefore, tests will NOT be returned UNTIL the others have finished it.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Math 8-7: I showed them what the unit test will look like for Thursday block 2.  As well, I assigned Practice Test on Page 215 for review after reviewing the pre/post beginning of the unit (red green light).  They are allowed one square post it note, in their own writing, as a cheat sheet, that must be attached to the test.  No calculators but I have attached a multiplication table to the test.

Science 8-1: We reviewed and took notes into SCIENCE coiled notebook on the Electromagnetic Spectrum.  A cut and paste activity that is due by tomorrow is also added to the notebook.  Then we watched a silly video song to help reinforce and memorize it.  Expect a quiz soon.

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Math 8-1: I showed them what the unit test will look like for Thursday block 2.  As well, I assigned Practice Test on Page 215 for review after reviewing the pre/post beginning of the unit (red green light).  They are allowed one square post it note, in their own writing, as a cheat sheet, that must be attached to the test.  No calculators but I have attached a multiplication table to the test.

Science 8-7: We reviewed and took notes into SCIENCE coiled notebook on the Electromagnetic Spectrum.  A cut and paste activity that is due by tomorrow is also added to the notebook.  Then we watched a silly video song to help reinforce and memorize it.  Expect a quiz soon.

Monday, October 18, 2021

Math 8-7 and 8-1: Returned the quizzes and then went over subtracting mixed numbers.  Homework is page 207-208 #1, 4, 6, 8, and try 10 and 11.  There is a UNIT test on Thursday.

Science 8-7 and 8-1: Journal entries, two for this week due Thursday.  As well, textbook worksheets 3.1 will be due on Thursdsay for 8-7, Monday for 8-1.  Electromagnetic Radiation Station Lab will be due on Thursday.  And, expect an electromagnetic radiation quiz soon.

Posted October 19, 2021 by Miss Mah in category Uncategorized